I don’t know about you, but when I travel, I like to eat. Travelling means new places, new foods and new flavours. Which ultimately means you put the weight back on which you lost in the run-up to the holiday.
But… it doesn’t have to be that way. With a little thought and some clever planning you can stay in shape and keep the weight off during your holiday. Here are our five top tips…
5) Go to a gym – Going to a gym and keeping up your routine is probably the most effective way to stay in shape, but it can be difficult. You either have to find a hotel with a gym, or find one in the city you are visiting, both of which will push up the price of your holiday. But even if it is just for a couple of days in your holiday, to take away a bit of the guilt, then it is surely worth it.
4) Take a gym with you – Now, to be clear, we do not suggest you try and pack the weights up in you suitcase, because that is a sure fire way to have extra charges added for exceeding weight limits. But there are plenty of light and easy to pack pieces of equipment like, skipping ropes, resistance bands and tubes. One of the brands that we love and use regularly is WodFitters, and what is best is all of their products can fit in your carry on bag and come with a lifetime guarantee. Having these things on you when you travel means you can do a quick work out in your hotel room or in the park, without lugging loads of gear around.
3) Intermittent Fasting (ish) – Intermittent fasting is a current health trend where you eat nothing between 10pm and 2pm the following day and then consume all of your calories in an 8 hour window. It is not for everyone, but some people swear by it and it seems to work. When we travel, we tend to do a variation on this, where we stock up big on breakfast and then refrain from eating until dinner. We do have snacks, but it does help to cut down on the amount that we eat and it stops us piling up, particularly on carb heavy meals.
2) Go for a run – Running is the last thing I want to think about when I travel, but actually you probably will have everything that you need to do this on you, regardless of whether you plan to exercise on holiday or not, therefore it makes the list as it is simple and can be done anywhere.
1) Walk – This is the most obvious way to burn those calories. Make sure you are doing plenty of walking and exploring the beautiful city or location you find yourself in.
So that is our list, what did we miss out? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to like, share and subscribe.